Like the web-based installer, offline installer is also available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The 32-bit version installer has a file size of 624.52 MB, and the 64-bit version is of 702.91 MB. If you’re going to install add-ons, Microsoft recommends the 32-bit version for compatibility reasons.
Unlike the web-based installer, there are certain limitations to the offline installer:
- You cannot install and run multiple versions of office simultaneously. That means if you have Office 2010 or Office 2007 installed, you’ll have to remove it before installing Office 2013.
- It also does not support the fast streaming feature.
If you can do with those, here are steps to get the installer:
- Head over to TechNet Evaluation Center, scroll down the page and click on the link that says “Download the .msi package now”.
- Sign in, fill up the form, and click on Continue.
- On the next page you will get your product key for Office 2013; save it!
- Then select the language you want, choose 32-bit or 64-bit version, and hit download.
Update: Previous direct download links are no longer working. Please use these links to download the latest version of Office 2013:
- Microsoft Office 2013 Professional
- Microsoft Office 2013 Home Student
- Microsoft Office 2013 Home and Business
Below are the direct download links, however, for the product key, you still need to sign up on Technet.
If you’re on a slow connection use a download manager to download. The link is resumable, so you don’t have to worry about download breaking.
Office 2013 System Requirements
- Computer and processor: 1 Ghz or greater x86/x64 Processor with SSE2 instruction set
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (32-bit) /2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Hard disk: 3.5 GB free disk space
- Graphics: Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX 10 graphics card and 1024 x 576 resolution
- Operating System: Windows 7 or Windows 8