Windows 8 by default saves Win + PrtScr captured screenshots at
C:\Users\[user-name]\Pictures\Screenshots folder. If you don’t find this location useful then you can change the default saving location to another location, say your Dropbox folder, to better server your purpose. Here’s how to do so:
Want to reset the screenshot counter? Follow this post.
Change Default Screenshot Capture Location
- Open your Pictures folder by typing in
%userprofile%\picturesinto the Run dialog box and press Enter, or navigate to
C:\Users\[user-name]\Pictures\Screenshotsin File Explorer.
- Right-click on the Screenshots folder, and choose Properties. Then, switch to Location tab in the Properties window, and click on the “Move…” button.
- Now browse to the folder which you want to set as the new location for the screenshots, and click Select Folder button.
- Click OK, and confirm the pop-up.
That’s it. From now on, every screenshot you take by pressing Win + PrtScr will be saved to the new location.
Restore Default Screenshot Capture Setting
Whenever you wish to switch back to the original saving settings, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the new location you set earlier, and open the folder’s Properties window by right-clicking on it.
- Switch to Location tab, and simply click on the Restore Default button.
- Confirm pop-ups for creating a new folder in your Pictures folder and to move the current folder.
- And you’re done. From now on, all new screenshots will be saved in the default Screenshots location.