Wouldn’t you like a single application that can backup and restore all browsers installed on your computer, instead of having to do them manually or using individual application for each browser? Then that’s exactly what FavBackup does. It can backup/restore your profile, settings, bookmarks, passwords, and more for Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and Flock.
It’s an easy-to-use application, just launch FavBackup and backup/restore your browser profiles and settings in 3 steps.
Backup a Browser:
- In the “Backup” Ribbon Menu, select the browser that you want to backup.
- Next, under “Backup the following,” select or deselect the items that you would like to have backed up and browse to the folder where you want to save the backup file. Then hit “Next“.
- After the process completes, hit “Finish“.
Restoring a Browser:
As with the backup process, restoring is also a 3-step process.
- This time select the “Restore” Ribbon Menu and choose the browser that you would like to restore.
- Then, select the items that you want to restore and browse to the folder where the backup file is located. FavBackup will automatically detect the backup file and display it. Click “Next“.
- Once the restore process has been completed, hit “Finish“.
If you want to do a complete backup or restore, select “Full Backup” or “Full Restore” from the Ribbon menu and follow the wizard. Here you won’t get the option to select particular items while processing. It can be useful when restoring to a fresh Windows installation.
- Google Chrome 1-6
- Firefox 2-3.7
- Internet Explorer 6-8
- Opera 9-10.6
- Safari 3, 4
- Flock 2, 2.5
FavBackup is a Windows only Portable application.