Sony Ericsson will roll out Google Android 2.1 Eclair update for Xperia X10, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro tomorrow.
The update is due on Sunday but not all Xperia X10 series handsets owners would receive update notifications.
Richard Skogberg at Sony Ericsson Product blog noted that generic kits for the Nordic countries would be pushed out tomorrow evening European time. More kits would be rolled out on Monday and then the roll out has been spread out for next month – Nov.
The key changes coming with Android 2.1 update are:
- HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
- New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
- 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
- Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
- Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
- New backup and restore application with extended content back up
- Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
- Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
Generic unbranded Xperia X10, X10 Mini or X10 Mini Pro handset owners will get notification of Android 2.1 update which can be downloaded Over-the-Air using Wi-Fi or mobile GPRS. Alternatively, users can also take help of PC Companion software to download and install the Android 2.1 update on their Xperia X10 series phone.