Google has stopped offering its Google Apps for Business for free. From now on, all users who wish to use Google Apps for their business or even for their personal website will have to sign-up under the premium service, which stands at $50 per user per year.
If you want Google Apps products just for your personal use, with a branded email address that reads like email@example.com, then simply follow these steps:
Sign Up for Free Google Apps Account
- Go to appengine.google.com, sign-in with your Google Account and create a new application.
- Fill in the form (dummy data is okay) and click the “Create Application” button.
- Next, go to your “Dashboard” and click on the link that says “Application Settings” in the left pane menu.
- On the Application Settings page, scroll down to the Domain Setup section and click on “Add Domain” button.
- This will take you to a page where you can associate a domain with your App Engine application. You may either use your existing domain or buy one through Google Apps.
That’s it. You have just signed up for a free Google Apps account.
If you’re an existing Google Apps user then you have the option to use Google Apps for free for new domains that you acquire. To add a new domain to your existing Google Apps account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Apps account and navigate to the “Domain settings” page.
- Under Domain settings, click on “Domain names” tab, and then “Add a domain or a domain alias” button.
- Choose “Add another domain” option, enter your new domain name, and click on the “Continue and verify domain ownership” button.
- After verifying the domain ownership, you are all set to use it.
This feature has been there for quite some time and should continues to exist for all registerd Google Apps users.