The Adobe CS4 Clean Script will help resolve installation problems experienced by users of Adobe Creative Suite 4 software. The script can clean up install records for any beta and pre-release installations of Adobe Creative Suite 4 or Point Products. The Adobe CS4 Clean Script is designed to not interfere with existing Creative Suite 4 products, but it allows you to specify if you wish to remove them as well.
- Back-up all data stored in Adobe product directories prior to using the CS4Clean Script, including custom plug-ins, preference files or profiles you have installed.
- Uninstall the Adobe Creative Suite 4 products prior to using the CS4 Clean Script.
- On Windows XP, uninstall via Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
- On Windows Vista, in the Programs And Features section of the Control Panel, select Uninstall a Program.
- Download the file from below.
- Extract downloaded zip file and run CS4InstallerDatabaseUtility.exe.
- Restart your system.
- Now you can proceed with your installation of the shipping version of Creative Suite 4
Download: Adobe CS4 Clean Script