Ever wanted to give access to your Adsense account to a friend or partner, or wanted to login using multiple email IDs? You can do so now thanks to a new feature called “Users with sign-in access” added to the Adsense dashboard.
The new feature allows you to invite users and grant them access to your Adsense account. Once they sign up, together you will be able to run reports, manage payment information, and generate ad code.
Currently there are two level of access: Standard and Administrator. Both levels provide users with full access to the Adsense interface, with the only difference being that only Administrators can add or remove users.
Add New User to an Adsense Account
Google has made the process of inviting users extremely simple, usually taking no more than a couple of minutes, although the actual accepting time depends on the other user. Here are the steps to invite a new user to your Adsense account:
- Sign in to your Adsense account and click on Account settings in left sidebar menu.
- On the Account settings page, scroll down the page and you should be able to see an option that says “Users with sign-in access (beta)” under “Access and authorization” section.
- Here in invite field, enter the email address of the person to whom you want to grant access to your Adsense account and click on the Invite button. An email is immediately sent off to the other person with an invite link that’s valid for 30 days.
- You can only invite users who have not already signed up on Adsense.
- To invite Google Apps users, Adsense should be enabled by the Admin.
- The person has be at least 18 years old and have a verified Google Account.
Transfer Adsense Account Ownership to Another Google or Google Apps Account
Previously it was not possible for users to transfer ownership of Adsense to another Google or Google Apps account. Now using this new feature we can do it similar to how blogger blog ownership is transferred.
- Send invitation to the email (only Google) id you want to transfer account ownership to.
- Accept invite and sign up.
- Then in your original account, give admin rights to the newly added email ID.
- Switch back to your new account and remove the original ID by going to Account settings page.
- That’s it! You can now use your new email address for managing the account.
While using it, just remember to take care of who you invite, for, if another admin user kick you out of your own account, Google won’t help you regain access.
This is a handy feature, and its good to see that Google has added it as it was one of the most requested feature.