Samsung has officially announced the highly anticipated successor to the Galaxy S – the Samsung GALAXY S II at the MWC 2011 event, Barcelona.
The Galaxy S2 features a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with WVGA (800×480) resolution and is a mere 8.49 mm thin.
Galaxy S2 runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and is powered by Samsung’s own Exynos Dual Core processor.
It boasts a 8MP camera aided by an LED flash, capable of 1080p full HD recording, along with a front-facing 2MP camera for all your video calling needs.
The handset also come with ‘Voice Commander’ which will take voice input to the next level, and Kies air for transfer of files over Wi-Fi.
Features and Specifications:
- Display: 4.3″ 800×480 Super AMOLED Plus
- GPU: Quad core gpu capable of bursting 3.2 Gigapixels/s
- Processor: Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor
- Camera: Dual camera — 8MP rear with LED Flash and 2MP front
- Dimension: 8.49mm thin
- Weight: 116 grams
- Memory: 1GB RAM on board, 16GB/32G MicroSD (up to 32GB)
- Battery: Li-Ion 1650mAh
- Operating System: Android: v2.3( Gingerbread) with TouchWiz 4
- Connectivity: HSPA+ Wifi 802.11bgn, Bluetooth 3.0, DLNA AllShare and A-GPS
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity
- NFC: integrated NFC support (on some versions)
- Business features: VPN, on-device-encryption, Microsoft Exchange Active Sync, Cisco WebEx support and Mobile Device Management features.
- Samsung media features: Social Hub, Readers Hub, Game Hub and Music Hub.
The below video shows Samsung Galaxy S II users from all over the world.