Ever had trouble uninstalling an antivirus program? I have faced this problem many a times while I was in school. I used to mainly depend on free antivirus programs to protect my computer. And whenever a friend recommend a new antivirus, I used to remove the installed one to try the new program. In the process, I even have had to do a fresh install of Windows a couple of times due to faulty uninstallations.
Those days are gone now, but if you ever come in such a situation where the normal uninstall procedure fails or if you find some left overs on your computer. Try out these official uninstallers:
- Avast : ASW Clear
- AVG Anti Virus: 32-bit | 64-bit
- Avira : Avira Registry Cleaner
- BitDefender: 32-bit | 64-bit
- F-Secure : Download
- Kaspersky Anti Virus: KAV Remover
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware : Download
- McAfee : McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool
- NOD32 : NOD32 Removal
- Norman Virus Control/Security Suite : Download
- Symantec Norton : Norton Removal Tool
- Panda AV : Download
- Quick Heal : Download
- SuperAntiSpyware : 32-bit | 64-bit
- Trend Micro PC-Cillin : Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit
- Vipre AV and Anti-spyware : Download
- Windows Live One Care : One Care Clean Up
Find your antivirus program from the list and hit the link to download your uninstaller tool. To make things easy for you, I have listed direct download links.
If you want a single utility that takes care of all the above listed ones and more, check out AppRemover.