Many new features have been introduced on blogger which has improved the looks and usability of blogs. Blogger is now testing out a new Social Sharing icon set consisting of Email, Blogger, Twitter, Facebook and Google buzz buttons. The set is simple and elegant with a cool mouse over effects.
These Sharing buttons are still in draft and so wont be available in the regular dashboard. If you want to take a peek at these new sharing icons, follow the following steps:
- Login to Blogger in Draft Dashboard at http://draft.blogger.com
- Go to Design > Page Elements.
- Click on the Edit Button near the Blog Posts Gadget and check the “Show Share Buttons” Option.
- You can Drag and Drop the Share buttons and place it where you want.
- Now if everything went right, then you should be able to see the Share buttons on your Blog.
If it didn’t appear, don’t worry.
- Go to the Edit HTML page under the Design Tab
- Check the “Expand Widget Templates” option and locate
<p class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-3'>
- Or if that is not there then find
<div class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-3'>
- Place the following code just below any of these lines.
<div class='post-share-buttons'> <b:include data='post' name='shareButtons'/> </div>
- Save your template.