MailMyFile is a tiny windows application which makes sending mail attachments a simple task. No need of dedicated email clients or even a browser.
All you need to do is, right-click on a file and select on the MailMyFile menu item and the mail is sent.
Download the app from the link below and install. On first run a Settings windows is opened. In that fill in the following details:
- Username: your email ID.
- Password: email password (passwords are encrypted before they are saved in settings)
- Host: email providers SMTP URL. Ex. Hotmail: smtp.live.com, GMail: smtp.gmail.com, Yahoo: smtp.yahoo.com
- Port: port used for sending email. Ex. 25 or 587
- Sendto: the email address to send the email to
- Title: email subject
- Message: message body of the email
- Attachments: attached file
If you select the “Auto Send Mail” option, emails are send automatically, without prompting you to the address specified in ”Email to:” field.
All these settings are saved in your Windows documents directory in a MailMyFile folder. To change settings at a later time right-click on a file by holding shift key and you will see a “MailMyFile Settings” entry or you can run “Settings.exe” from the documents folder.
MailMyFile works on Windows7, Vista and XP.