Ever wished you could mail files to your Dropbox account? Then here are 3 sites that does exactly that: Send To Dropbox, AirDropper and Habilis.
These sites, also makes it possible for anyone else you want to be able to upload files to your account, without giving out your id or password or them having a Dropbox account.
All three sites work, somewhat the same way.
- First you have to connect the site to your Dropbox account.
- After successfully connecting, you will be provided with a unique email address.
- Now, whenever you want to upload any file to your Dropbox Folder just send a mail with the attachment to that address and after a few minutes they will appear in your folder. AirDropper sends an email containing a secure link from where one can upload files.
Those where the similarities, now the differences:
- Send To Dropbox has some features like automatic archive unzipping, folder organization, and plain text and html message copying and as per their site more features are on the way!
- AirDropper, lets you request file from anybody, even if they do not have a Dropbox account. All you have to do is fill a form and send an email to the person containing a secure link. The recipient then hits the link in the email to upload their file using the AirDropper website. The uploaded file gets saved in your Dropbox account.
- Habilis is dead simple, just an upload email. Mail your files and find them in your folder.
You can disconnect any of these websites from your Dropbox account at any time by visiting https://www.dropbox.com/account#applications