Scriptify is a light weight extension for Firefox that provides a hassle-free way to convert any user script to a standalone add-on for Firefox. Once converted, you can use your favorite scripts without installing Greasemonkey.
How to Use Scriptify
- Download and install Scriptify from the official Firefox add-on repository.
- Once installed, right-click on any user script link on a webpage and choose the “Scriptify Userscript” context option, or choose a local file via the Add-on Manager.
- You should then see a window as below (I tested it on my Facebook Chat Cleaner userscript hosted at UserScripts.org). Fill in the necessary fields and click on OK to install script as an add-on. Browser restart not needed.
It’s that simple.
If you wish to include multiple user scripts in a single add-on, use the “Add” option when you see the “Create add-on” window. Other features you get is the ability to edit, export, update and unpack a Scriptify add-on.
- Edit and Update features lets you do code updates and make add-ons compatible with never versions of Firefox.
- Export, as obvious as it is, allows you to export (.xpi file) an add-on from your browser and share it with others.
- Unpack extracts the XPI file to a location of your choice on the computer.
This is a handy add-on for personal use, or to not bother people with installing Greasemonkey to use your new userscripts.