Jetwick is an open source web application that allows you to filter and search Twitter tweets by keywords or by user to avoid unwanted tweets from others.
To do a search on Jetwick, just enter a term and optionally you can enter a user name to get results from only that user. Search results can then again be filtered according to language, original or retweets and by date to help you find exactly what you are looking for.
Another useful feature I found on Jetwick is that it lists all the links it finds in the search results in a separate area on the right side, and to get more information it also gives you Wikiedia links below that.
More features on offer:
- Short URLs are expanded in results.
- Quickly find the origin (or the initiating tweeters) of a trend.
- Filter tweets by date, language, … or sort by date.
- Translate tweets with one click.
- Get keywords related to your search.
- Search suggestions which are based on the latest content.
- Quality detection of tweets to reduce spam tweets or spam accounts.
- If you are logged in you can use Jetwick as a tweet archive and make all your tweets searchable.
- Find similar named users similar to you.
- From the result, you can quickly reply or retweet a tweet.